As quality mentoring have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations these sessions aim at nurturing and guiding the selected students so that they reach their actual potential and enter a successful professional life.
PREF organises free Mentoring sessions for selected scholars of class 11th through webinars.
- These sessions begin with ‘Aptitude/Psychometric/Interest Test’ for students of class 11 after their selection for PREF Merit scholarship for assessing their preference & aptitude.
- Career counselling is part of the mentoring sessions together with personality development, communication skill, goal setting and time management.
- During the sessions interest, aptitude and personality of student is taken into consideration while deciding for the career because these shape up our choices for a career
- Aptitude: There is a natural flair for some kind of work, subject or activity .
- Interests: Students have a natural interest and inclination towards a particular subject .It is very important to figure out the same and then guide them to further their career in the particular subject .They will do well and prosper only when the interest in them comes naturally.
- Personality: It is very important to determine the personality of the selected students. Matching occupational requirements with personality characteristics is a very important part of career guidance.
- Every job has some advantageous and disadvantageous factors. Through our sessions the students are guided to find a match for themselves keeping in mind the above factors.
- As the personality of the students is different PREF helps in grooming the personality of the students in accordance with their chosen careers.
- The programme helps the students with understanding the professions that are best suited for them and in understanding the career options available. Career options are given to them as per their aptitude and interest.
- A career road map is provided to all students wherein they recognise their short term & long term and then they are groomed and guided upon by PREF to be successful in their professional life.
- These sessions help students to brainstorm career possibilities, define individualised career goals and establish action plans to reach professional goals.
- Effort is made to help students to improve their communication skill and provide them information about the changes taking place in the field of education, technology and career.
- Discussion is done on the upcoming competitive examination where they can apply as per theirs career option together with the colleges where the courses are being provided (Govt/Pvt).
- Students are mentored for improving individual decision-making & time management skills.
- Positive activities through assignments & planned learning experiences are encouraged.
Through these activities PREF tries to provide the environment for students to develop and reach their goals.