About the Scholarship:
The award of P N Misra Post Graduation Merit Scholarship has been instituted with the aim of promoting the study of Mathematics with the hope that candidates with the help of this support will grow and contribute to the elevation of research and development in the country. The scholarship will be offered to students of the University of Allahabad enrolled for MSc (Math) and MA (Math).
Rules of P N Misra Post Graduation Merit Scholarship
- This scholarship is based only on merit.
- Candidate eligible for scholarship should be enrolled as fulltime student of The University of Allahabad.
- The subject for the post graduate Course identified for scholarship is the Mathematics.
- The student must hold the bachelor’s degree from the University of Allahabad or from any other recognized University or equivalent institution and is enrolled as a student in Post-Graduation class of the University of Allahabad.
- The P N Misra Post Graduate Merit Scholarship will be offered to one student each of MSc (Maths) and MA (Maths) in terms of these rules and guidelines.
- Students will be selected by a committee constituted by Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation.
- The criterion for selection of the scholarship holder shall be the merit and selection committee shall consider the candidates in the order of merit attained in the Post-Graduate Admission Test held by the University of Allahabad and Graduation level as this list aims, for the first year of the forthcoming session of the post graduate class. The candidate selected shall retain the scholarship up to final year if he/she attains minimum of 60% marks in the first year of post-graduation; and in case of failure the selection process will be completed by the selection committee from the alternate candidates from amongst the merit holders at the first-year exam in regular order. Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation shall initiate the process of selection in such a situation and inform the selected candidate after the final decision is taken. Final decision of selection of candidates shall rest with Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation.
- Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation shall intimate the selected candidates through a letter of offer after the final decision.
- The candidate will have to submit to Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation a letter of acceptance along with the proofs of their merit position at undergraduate level in University/ Institute/ Autonomous College as well as their admission in first year of Post- Graduate course during academic year duly certified by the Registrar of the University of Allahabad.
Payment of Scholarship
- The value of scholarship would be Rs 5000/- per month to be continued according to these rules for that academic session.
- The payment of scholarship shall be made by Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation by making bank transfer to the accounts of the candidates. For this, the candidate shall open a bank account in his/her single name in any scheduled bank and shall inform details of such bank account to Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation well before the date of the disbursement which will be the tenth date of each month so that amount of scholarship may be transferred to this account.
Policies and Guidelines
- The scholarship is based only on merit as sole criterion subject to the selection within these rules.
- Total of two scholarships shall be offered for first year of post-graduation, one to first ranking student in the Post Graduate Admission Test held by the University of Allahabad of the class of MA (Math) and one to the first ranking student of the class of MSc (Math) selected as per these rules.
- Total number of scholarships will be 2 per year and 4 at the beginning of second year. A Scholarship awarded shall be renewed as per rules till the completion of course.
- Scholars must submit proof of merit achievement after the declaration of result of their current session as well as their admission in 2nd year of post-graduation course duly certified by Registrar of the University of Allahabad.
- If in the next session the student’s performance is not up to the criterion laid down by Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation, then the scholarship would pass over to the next student whose performance in the session matches the criterion of the organisation. Student’s performance shall be appraised by Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation which will be done after obtaining Merit list of 1st year graduation exam result. Decision of the selection committee would be final.
- Students beyond the age of 25 years cannot apply for the scholarship.
- In cases where a Scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or changes the course of study the award would be treated as terminated automatically and the decision of Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation shall be final.
- Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
- Each Selected student has the responsibility to keep Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation informed as to permanent and temporary address, and telephone numbers and e-mail address if available. Any change made shall be conveyed to Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation promptly for which the selected student shall be responsible. This information will not be disclosed to anyone who is not authorized to see this data. The information shall be used to contact Student concerning official scholarship communications.
- For change in rules final decision shall rest with Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation.