The PREF Merit Scholarship for class 11th and 12th aims to provide support and assistance to meritorious students from socio-economically weaker sections in getting a quality education, providing guidance and helping them develop skills and become a resourceful asset for the country. For this, Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation (PREF) selects bright and outstanding students, who are entering class 11th, studying in government inter colleges in rural/ urban areas in and around Prayagraj city.
Main features of scholarship
In its effort to develop the potential of these selected scholars, Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation provides continuous support and motivation to help them acquire knowledge, values, skill and apply them and find a direction that is beneficial to them. As the main purpose is to guide the selected students and provide continued support so as to help in developing their abilities and prepare them for future PREF undertakes various activities like:
- Online Aptitude tests
- Introduction to computers.
- Online Spoken English class.
- Online Tutorials for help in preparation for board examinations.
- Online PREF internal assessment followed by Teachers Review
- Personality development (PD) workshops.
- Online Mentoring sessions.
- Career counselling sessions.
- Financial assistance.
- Students have been connected to free of cost e-learning courses.
- To enable students to avail the benefits provided through the programmes the ‘PREF APP’ has been launched.
- All selected students have been provided with free of cost tablets so that they can connect to all programmes through the tablet and PREF APP.
Rules of Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate eligible for scholarship should be enrolled as fulltime student of any government or government recognized school in class 11th.
- Selection will be based on the following criteria-
- Online Written Test held by Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation.
- High school (class 10th) Board Results.
- Video based online Interview with student who qualify written test held by Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation.
- Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation shall intimate the candidates chosen by the selection procedure of the scholarship. The offer letters will be issued to selected student.
- The candidate will have to submit to the Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation a letter of acceptance along with proof of joining class 11 in a government or government recognized school, duly certified by the school principal.
Payment of scholarship:
- The value of scholarship would be Rs 1000/- per month.
- The payment of scholarship shall be made by PREF by making bank transfer to the accounts of the candidates an. For this, the candidate shall open a bank account in any nationalized bank in his/her single name and shall inform details of such bank account to Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation so that amount of scholarship may be transferred to this account. Scholarship disbursement date would be tenth date of each month.
Policies and Guidelines of Scholarships:
- The scholarship is based only on merit and financial needs.
- Scholars are expected to maintain high academic achievement while in the scholarship program.
- The value of scholarship would be Rs 1000/- per month starting from selection of student of class 11th for scholarship and will continue for that academic session.
- A Scholarship awarded shall be renewed on year-to-year basis for 2 years i.e. till the completion of class 12.
- The scholarship renewal/ continuation in next academic session will depend upon the student’s performance in test held by the PREF thrice a year along with attendance in programmes and activities held by PREF for the selected students which is compulsory, performance in school in the current session, attendance in school. Decision of Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation would be final.
- Student to submit a copy of his/her High school UP Board mark sheet duly attested by school authority where he/she is studying.
- Selected students to submit 2 passport size photographs, copy of ID of parents like voter card, ration card etc.
- Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of a scholarship. Scholarship once cancelled will not be invigorated under any condition. The decision of Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation will be final and obligatory in such cases.
- In cases where a Student gives up their course of study before its completion the award would be terminated and the decision of the Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation would be final.
- Each Selected student has the responsibility to keep Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation informed as to permanent and temporary address, and telephone numbers and e-mail address if available. This information is not disclosed to anyone who is not authorized to see this data. The information would be used to contact Student concerning official scholarship communications.
- A Student under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the institution in which he/she is studying/ other organization(s).
- Rules and regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Pradeep Richa Educare Foundation.